Friday, October 10, 2014

Purchasing : Brisbane Entertainment Book or App ?



Brisbane Entertainment Book Review 2014 
"Book or App?"


Hello all~


Here, I am doing a review on the Entertainment Book and which one is more suited to you
(the app or the book).

 Entertainment Book - your local dining and activity guide . 2014.Entertainment Book - your local dining and activity guide . [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.entertainmentbook.com.au. [Accessed 14 October 2014].





Full details of the Entertainment Book are on their website
http://www.entertainmentbook.com.au



I started buying the book in ,,,,,,, around 2005???  when my school was doing a fundraise.
Of course I did not use it back then but my mum did.
I started to really dig deep; buy & use the entertainment book myself in 2009.
I bought the Auckland Entertainment Book on and off since I travel to NZ often
but since 2011 or 2012 I have used the Brisbane Entertainment Book every year till this day.
I have also used the Melbourne Entertainment Book  when I was on my holiday in 2012.
So I think I have used it enough to do a good review on it^^.




WHAT??
"The Entertainment™ Book, and the brand new Entertainment™ Digital Membership, are your guide to the most popular restaurants, attractions, shopping, travel and more, all with valuable up to 50% off and 2 for 1 offers.

 Entertainment Book - your local dining and activity guide . 2014.Entertainment Book - your local dining and activity guide . [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.entertainmentbook.com.au. [Accessed 14 October 2014].


They have released the new DIGITAL VERSION of the Book this year and I will also talk about the pros and cons of these.





WHEN??

It is used from the 1st of June to the 1st of June of the following year
eg 01.06.14 - 01.06.15

However the next edition is released around April every year and you can start using it from then.






WHERE??

You can get it at various fundraisers.
I am currently fundraising for Core education centre.
(to buy paper, pens and calculators for kids to use there for free)

You could also get it through me.
(just email me bo_hyuni@hotmail.com)
or you can get the digital version through
https://www.entertainmentbook.com.au/orderbooks/22994k5 





WHO??


Anyone that loves discounts or are going on holiday and would like to help fundraise should be getting this book!~
If you go to TWO fancy restaurants, you end up getting your money's worth.
Trust me, you want this book in your life :)







HOW??


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8eZZXL-7is

Check this video on how it works






   




Okay now here is the review

I have bought the
Brisbane Entertainment Book 
for many years and the book hasn't changed much till this year.
Many places have been removed from the book but in turn
I felt there have been a lot more entered into the book than previous years.
What I mean by this is that there are more familiar restaurants I personally go to
that were not in the book previously.




Here is a list of everything in the Brisbane Entertainment Book 
http://www.entertainmentbook.com.au/search-the-book.aspx?bookinit=brisbane






I love the book but it is so big.
TIP: I would always cut out the last two sections of the book (hotel and online ordering sections),
make it into a little book and leave it at home.
However, it is STILL TOO BIG.
Most of the time it lives in my car or if it is a girl's night out that is pre-planned i may take the book and would have to carry it around all day.
It is not easy if you have a tiny little purse.


That is why they came up with the MARVELLOUS new smart phone application this year!
I got the app version for the Brisbane Entertainment Book 2014
and the book version Auckland Entertainment Book 2014.



The app seems exciting and less weight..... all all these wonderful things.
But there is a huge downside.
You don't get to see the individual menus and feel of the gold section.
If you are someone like me that rely on the pictures and menus in the gold sections, then the app version could be a bad option. You would have to go to the restaurant's website individually and look up their menu.


Sure, it is convenient. But I think you are more likely to remember what's in the book after you look through it than if you just skim through the app. This is because the app buttons look the same.

I have bought the book many years and nearly memorised it by now so I get a instantaneous reminder when I go somewhere to use the app. But for others it could mean that it just lives in their phone and ends up being never used. 
Nevertheless, it is a much easier option if you are willing to look up every place you go to every time you go out and eat something.


If they improve the app a little more, by individualising each button to the brand's icon and add more features (like the menu or more pictures on the list) I think it may become better than the book.  But at the moment I think I would much rather the book version than the app.






Hopefully this was helpful to you all ~




Thanks for reading everybody~






Disclaimer- The purpose of this review is to give my opinions and thoughts to others with access on the internet. These products mentioned were not free or sponsored. I was not paid or asked to review these products by any companies or bodies. It was not done as a favour to anyone.
Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment