Monday, October 13, 2014

Purchasing : Makeup Revolution Order Review


The MakeupRevolution Order Review
 ? Urban Decay Naked Palette Dupes ?

This will be a review of the order of the products. I will not do swatches as there are plenty of those on youtube.





I found on Instagram some palettes that other people were claiming to be "dupes" of the Urban Decay Naked Palettes. They are called "Iconic 1, 2 and 3"

I watched some youtube videos and saw some swatches.
Overall I got the image that they were the same colours (except one or two from each palette)
They are very good quality but of course they could not compare to the Urban Decay Palettes themselves.
I got all three Iconic palettes to try them out and see which colour range I liked before I go ahead and pick out the expensive Urban Decay Palette.
They all cost £4.00 each (approx. AU$7.37) which is so good!
I also bought the "Focus & fix brown Kit light-medium" and the "Essential Shimmers Palette".




I placed my order 18/09/2014 (Thursday)
and I received it 13/10/14 (Monday).
It took a total of 3.5 weeks to arrive in Brisbane City from the US.
[It is approximately the same time it would take if you bought something on eBay]

They don't give out tracking numbers and shipping cost £7.95 (around AU$14.65),
which I thought was reasonable and fair.




It arrived in a bag with the Makeup Revolution logo on it, so immediately I knew it was from them.
But immediately I got really worried as the bag was not padded and could mean the palettes were broken inside.







I opened the bag and saw the invoice and the products wrapped in bubble wrap.







As you can see below, nothing was broken or damaged.
They looked nice. The downside was that the iconic palettes did not have a mirror but at around AU$7.37 each I am pretty happy already.




It comes with a applicator that is double sided. This is very good to pack on shimmer shades.




Below (Focus & fix brown Kit light-medium). It comes with a mini brush and tweezers. 
I don't use tweezers, I used threading to tidy up my brows so I have no use for those.










Overall I am happy with their shipping and what I received for the money spent. I think they are very shimmery and creamy. I can't wait to play around with these.
I asked them a question about shipping and they got back to me quite quickly.

If you are looking for mattes, there is a all Essential Matte Palette but judging by the mattes in my Iconic Palettes, I personally don't think it would be a really good choice. I would recommend just going for another all matte palette like the Urban Decay Basics Palette.








I rate the overall experience as 9.5/10.
Accuracy of the item description
Very inaccurateVery inaccurateVery inaccurateVery inaccurateVery inaccurate




Very Accurate
No faults of the products received 
Very inaccurateVery inaccurateVery inaccurateVery inaccurateVery inaccurate





No Faults 
Time of shipping
Very inaccurateVery inaccurateVery inaccurateVery inaccurateVery satisfied




Average 3.5 weeks
Packaging & handling 
Very inaccurateVery inaccurateVery inaccurateVery inaccurateVery inaccurate




Very good- sealed and packed to perfection.
No room for it to break
Customer service
Very satisfiedVery satisfiedVery satisfiedVery satisfiedVery satisfied




N/A




Other points: shipping price is very reasonable!





Hopefully this was helpful to you all ~




Thanks for reading everybody~






Disclaimer- The purpose of this review is to give my opinions and thoughts to others with access on the internet. These products mentioned were not free or sponsored. I was not paid or asked to review these products by any companies or bodies. It was not done as a favour to anyone.
Thank you

1 comment:

  1. You know your projects stand out of the herd. There is something special about them. It seems to me all of them are really brilliant! Coffee Diet

    ReplyDelete