Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Purchasing : Clarisonic - What to look out for

Clarisonic 
Buy from an authorised stock-list!!!! 

Don't get SCAMMED.
Don't waste your PRECIOUS money.






Hi everyone!



I want to talk about the Clarisonic cleansing device.
If you are looking to invest in a machine, you have come to the right place.

If you are thinking form buying from eBay or Amazon or another website other than the Clarisonic official website I URGE YOU, PLEASE CONTINUE TO READ THIS REVIEW as it may help you save money and regret!!!



I will outline my experience first, before I go into the details in why I was warning you just before.


Okay. I was looking for a device for a long time but only really intensely started looking around three months ago.
I knew it was A LOT of money for something to wash your face with. I mean, what is the big deal with a little machine? It's not like it's going to magically transform your skin....I thought.
Well, firstly I have only had it for one to two months. So I haven't had it for a term to say how good it is or not. And besides there are plenty of reviews out there for that.
My purpose today is to tell you WHERE to buy ... or Where NOT TO BUY.


I was looking online, comparing prices and google-ing all these websites to see where I could get the best deal. At first I went through US websites like Nordstrom as they ship to Australia. The prices seemed cheaper, there's way more variety in terms of colour and they give you a bag!!! But at the end if you change currency to Australian dollars and add up the shipping, it ends up being the same or even more sometimes. It's nice if you can have something pretty or colourful but at the end of the day it will live in your bathroom. Lastly, you won't need a bag as it comes in a hard case anyway.

So option two, I saw on eBay, Amazon and even better I found this website that has clarisonic devices for REALLY CHEAP. It "seemed" genuine as the website name had the word "clarisonic" in it..... so I was mistaken.

I thought it was too good to be true.
And I decided I will do a bit more research.
[The reason I research so much is because I have shopped online for YEARS and I have been scammed ONE time when I was buying some jeans (years back) when I didn't know anything.
GOOD LESSON LEARNED though. :)


I then went on Youtube.
I typed in "clarisonic fake" 
and it comes up with a whole list of searches.
I watched nearly ALL OF THEM.
Some videos were more useful than others. But at the end of the day the majority were 
WARNING NOT TO BUY THE CLARISONIC DEVICE ON AMAZON OR EBAY
as you can not tell if they are authorised stocklists.

I had to find out who are reliable.
So I sent an email to Clarisonic on their official Australian website,
asking if my really cheap website was qualified. 


This is the email I received:



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Ariel,

Thank you for your email.

I have checked or stockist list and that website is not an authorized stockist. In regards to overseas purchases, so long as it is from an authorized stockist and you keep your proof of purchase then you will covered with an international warranty. Please find below a list our stockist.
·         L’Oreal’s online store: www.clarisonic.com.au
·         DJs: www.shop.davidjones.com.au
·         Myer: www.shop.myer.com.au    
·         Mecca: www.meccacosmetica.com.au
·         Adore Beauty: www.adorebeauty.com.au
     Botticelli Skincare, Cosmetic, Training - 24 Jackson St, Clayfield, QLD (07) 3857 3999



Kind Regards
Jemma
Consumer Affairs Team | AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND
 Ph: 1300 820 430

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



The cat was out of the bag.
That wonder website was fake! 
(I try going into it now and the website is gone!!! Oh my gosh...)


I went to all of these online stores that the Clarisonic staff wrote down for me and they had exactly the same price EXCEPT Myer!

Myer was having a 10% discount on all their beauty products at the time but it was only if you order online. I went in store and the discount only worked if you bought online. It meant that I had to wait a few days but I was happy with the discount and free shipping. 

The packaged arrived in two to three business days.
I also bought the "Luxe Cashmere trio brush head collection" in one order but they came in separately for some reason. I tried out the sensitive brush head that came with the device but it was too rough for me. I was glad I had ordered the Luxe brushes as I knew my sensitive skin couldn't take it after watching all the youtube reviews on it. I use the sensitive brush head to wash my body and it seriously feels so good when I come out of the shower!!






 My lovely Carisonic Device





One of the three Luxe brush heads ^_^





Anyway, thank you for reading my review.
I hoped it helped you prevent buying from an unreliable source
and ultimately save A LOT OF MONEY!

I have heard from a friend yesterday; she bought the Clarisonic device on eBay which broke a couple of weeks ago. This is what made me write about it in my blog, so others don't have to go through the pain. 
She bought it way before me, so I didn't realise this had already gone on. It is unfortunate that she missed the Myer sale but I'm sure there will be more sales in the future. If you can hold off till BOXING DAY, I bet someone would have something going on.









Again, thanks for reading everybody~






Disclaimer- The purpose of this review is to give my opinions and thoughts to others with access on the internet. These products mentioned were not free or sponsored. I was not paid or asked to review these products by any companies or bodies. It was not done as a favour to anyone.
Thank you


No comments:

Post a Comment