Thursday, October 16, 2014

Selling : EBAY & hidden seller fees

EBAY.... and hidden seller fees

 Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles, Coupons and More | eBay . 2014.Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles, 
Coupons and More | eBay . [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.ebay.com. [Accessed 16 October 2014].




Hello all.

I have been buying and selling on eBay for a very long time and I can not believe that I have only noticed this today.


If you are a seller or intend to sell please keep reading.

So....
If I have a shirt that I would like to sell with a starting bid of $1 and it sells for $1.
I charge the buyer $1 + postage fees of $8.50 (postage and satchel fee. This is higher for me as I include wrapping and other bits and bobs inside packaging)
and at the end of the month I pay ebay the "final value fee" which is $0.10
and at the end of the day I have $0.90 profit RIGHT??

WRONG!!!




You are also charged a "final value fee on shipping" 
on top of the "final value fee (for the item).

So I end up paying around $0.10 + $0.85 to eBay
and I am left with a profit of approximately $0.05.


~$0.05.....


This is not a profit.... it's a terrible loss. 
Loss of time and effort you put into making the listing.



I have talked to a customer help staff called Andrew, who was really lovely and kind.
He explained that eBay has decided to do this as sellers were hyping up their shipping fees so they make profit of the postage and not the item itself.
I understand why there is a "final value fee on shipping"  but i thought it is clumsy way to just charge sellers. I think it is not very fair on people who are trying to provide a service to others out there.


I have asked Andrew to forward my example above and thoughts to the eBay team. Hopefully they could get up a system that helps sellers out in future and continue using eBay.



Please READ all the fees lists on eBay before you list anything.
So that you don't make a loss.





Hopefully this was helpful to you all ~



Thanks for reading everybody~






Disclaimer- The purpose of this review is to give my opinions and thoughts to others with access on the internet. These products mentioned were not free or sponsored. I was not paid or asked to review these products by any companies or bodies. It was not done as a favour to anyone.
Thank you



No comments:

Post a Comment