Saturday, October 11, 2014

Info : Hera UV mist Cushion Foundation & Luna Water Essence Foundpact colour comparison for people outside Korea


Hera UV mist Cushion Foundation & Luna Foundpact 
colour comparison for people outside Korea 



Hello all~

I have used a lot of different foundation and although I am Korean
I live in Australia so had no chance of trying out the Hera UV mist Cushion Foundation
for a long long time.

All my friends had one and there was so much hype about it. They said it makes your skin naturally glow and is an all in one (your skin care, suncream and foundation all in one)

I had to try it and did a bit of research.
About 8 months ago I found that there were a few that were popular.

These included:

Hera UV mist Cushion Foundation
Iope Air Cushion
Verite UV multicushion
Amore Pacific CC cushion


Currently, most Korean brands have a Cushion Foundation, BB cushion or CC cushion in their makeup line and some have multiple.

I started out with Hera UV mist cushion.
I bought C21 and C23.

I have used up all of C23 and cannot find find my case but I will talk about 
what I think about the two and important points for both, including swatch comparisons with other products Australians are more familiar with.

I will also mention the recently launched 
Luna Water Essence Foundpact.





So here are the products I will swatch and compare for you.
From left to right
-Bobbi brown Skin condition stick (new formula) warm sand 2.5
-Hera UV mist Cushion Foundation C21
-Mac Pro-longwear concealer NC30
-Mac Pro-longwear concealer NC25
-Luna Water Essence Foundpact only one shade





 The left is in yellow light and the right one is in natural lighting




The Hera UV mist Cushion Foundation in the shade C23 (which is not in the photo) was still too bright to put all over my skin.
It would be most suited to someone around NC20. NC25 would be pushing it a little but if you don't mind using bronzer to tone it down around your chin and neck, i think it is a really good match.


The Hera UV mist Cushion Foundation C21 is definitely much brighter than my foundation and concealers. I am a Mac NC30 in studio fix powder foundation and the cushion foundation C21 is WAY WAY too light to put all over my skin. I put it all above my cheek bones, under my eyes, on the middle of my forehead and anywhere else that I put highlighter normally.
(my arm looks so much darker than my face at the moment as I have self tanner on. I haven't touched my face)

The finish of the C21 is much nicer and glowing than the C23. The C23 doesn't have the same amount of glow. It's not a shimmer and definitely not a oily glow. It's a "i have nice skin" sort of glow.
I will definitely repurchase the C21.
On eBay you can get the refills for about AU$24 with free postage.
I get them through a makeup store person in Korea directly and can get it for a few dollars less if I buy multiple items.





I saw the Luna Water Essence Foundpact on GetItBeauty; a Korean makeup TV program.
It gives tips, does blind tests for different products and touches on current makeup/fashion trends.
The new season is a little bit different and I much prefer the first season than the current one.

Anyway I saw this new foundation that was full of water for hydration, covers better than cushion foundations and doesn't leave that sticky residue. So I had to try it!
3 days after the show, it had been completely sold out.
I had to wait but received it eventually. I ordered one for myself and one for my mum.
(I think I paid around US$70 for two lots of two -so $35 dollars for me $35 for mum's one) but I think someone is selling it on eBay for around AU$51 at the moment..... which is double the price it is in Korea...talk about RIP OFF)

There is more cover than the Hera one but of course more cover means less "glow".
But it definitely has that cooling effect as soon as you apply it on your skin. 
It only comes in one shade and I think it doesn't really have a shade. I think it sort of adjusts to your natural skin tone. But if you start packing it on, you will notice a colour and it is definitely bright. 
Not as bright as the Hera C21 but still really bright that I look sick if I pack it on too much all over my face.


Overall I like the feel and lasting power of the Luna
but the Hera gives a better finish and "glow".
If I was to choose only one I would go for the Hera one.

They could never completely replace my foundations with these 
but they are definitely something that needs to be part of my makeup routine.















Hopefully this was helpful to you all ~




Thanks for reading everybody~






Disclaimer- The purpose of this review is to give my opinions and thoughts to others with access on the internet. These products mentioned were not free or sponsored. I was not paid or asked to review these products by any companies or bodies. It was not done as a favour to anyone.
Thank you

1 comment: